Check out this guide to improve short term memory in no time. It does not involve the use of any supplements or medicines. This is simple and pure training for your brain.
The short term memory is the one that allows you to bring to your mind things that have happened in this very same day. It allows you to remember remember simple things like:
- The name of the person you just met.
- The place you put your keys.
- Where you parked your car.
- Your chores and activities for the day.
- What you have just learned in class.
By reading this list you have already noticed that you forget some of them often enough. Here you are going to learn the best method to enhance the power of your short term memory.
5-Minute Method to Improve Short Term Memory
Now that you have identified the problem, it is time to do some work and fix it. Here is a quick method that you can apply everyday to strengthen your memory. The best part is that it is going to take you only 5 minutes of your time!
- Say the next phrase aloud: “I have a powerful memory, I can remember everything”
- Write down the first 3 things that come to your mind in that moment.
- Close your eyes and create a mental image of the things you have written down.
- Concentrate on your breathing and set aside any other thought or idea that might come into your mind.
This training allows you to visualize yourself with the memory you wish to have. Psychologist have proven that repeating positive affirmations can lead to a real change in our lives.
Your problem with short term memory might not come from damage in your brain but from a mental block from stress and anxiety.
Thanks to this exercise you can improve short term memory fast, it will take you a couple of minutes a day. It is important that you do not skip a single day if you want to see fast results.
I recommend you to do this short mental training as part of your morning routine after you wake up from your bed. This way it will help you to prepare your mind for your new day.
If you believe that your problem is way more serious than forgetting where you put your keys, then I recommend you to consult with an specialist.
Your brain is like any other muscle in your body. You need to work it out and take good care of it.